The goals of the Veterans Treatment Court are:
- Identify qualified veterans for enrollment into the Veterans Treatment Court rehabilitation program.
- Objective: To identify qualified veterans who have committed misdemeanor offences in the City of Henderson through the assistance of the Henderson Police Department, the Henderson City Attorney’s Office and Henderson Public Defenders.
- To receive referrals from each participating office for evaluation of appropriateness in the rehabilitative program.
- To receive input from victim, if any, regarding the veteran and the incident assist in making a determination of fitness for participation in the program.
- Enroll qualified veterans for enrollment into the Veterans Treatment Court rehabilitation program.
- Objective: To offer qualified veterans in opportunity to participate in the program.
- Strategy: Identify the appropriate participants through evaluation by the Veteran’s Administration which indicates the veteran is eligible for services and that their conduct was related to their military experiences.
- Monitor and motivate veterans in their performance of rehabilitative programs in accordance with court direction.
- Objective: To provide veterans with support and encouragement.
- Utilize the resources of the Mentor program, the City Attorney’s Office, the Volunteer Veteran Attorneys to assist veterans in completing the court directed programs.
- To monitor the veteran’s performance and compliance with the court directions through the participation of Alternative Sentencing.
- To improve the quality of life for the veterans, their families and the community.
- Objective: To provide veterans with resources to address their individual treatment needs.
- Strategy: To introduce the veteran to society with the skills and knowledge needed to lead a productive and law abiding life style.